It’s the second quarter of the year and my theme for this quarter is BALANCE.
How would you rate your life and the balance you have in it?
For me, I do my best to plan my days with all aspects of Body, Being, Balance and Business.
Business is work and everything that comes along with that.
Body is working out, yoga, food, rest.
Being is meditation, reflection, reading, learning, programing.
Balance is relationships, hobbies, fun, travel.
I pull aspects of each of these Themes and plug them into my daily schedule.
Each quarter has a theme so that is a FOCUS to make sure I really engage with that theme for the quarter.
Balance is a difficult thing to achieve because it is always changing. Self-awareness is the key here.
There is a giant invisible force of the pendulum. And without the awareness of it, our Balance can be thrown all out of wack.
If you swing so hard one way (work 100+ hours a week) your relationships, your health, and your personal growth and happiness will all be negatively affected.
If you swing so far to the health side, work out for hours a day, eating only not fat/sugar things, sure your body may look great, but I can bet that your mind is suffering and you’re not allowing your body to heal properly. (Plus, Have you ever even tried a Brookie?! 🤤)
Don’t get me wrong, there is a time to put a 100+ hour week in but it is not sustainable without affecting everything around you.
That's why Balance is key.
Never stop learning or growing.
But I believe a mentally healthy life comes from having the self-awareness to balance out the things in life in a way that helps you live a beautiful life.
So how do we start having more Balance in life?
- Plan out your day by making sure all aspects of each theme (Body, Being, Balance, Business) are in it.
- Live in 90 Day Worlds. Plan and schedule out what you want to do in your 90 day worlds.
- Set boundaries with yourself and others. You hold the power, don’t let anyone or anything else take away from you living a healthy (mentally, physically, and emotionally) life.
- REFLECT. Experience is not the greatest teacher, Reflection is. Slow down, reflect on your experiences and what you like/don’t like and slowly or quickly make changes.
- GRACE. Lastly, we are human. If you end up getting so caught up in work that you haven’t had time for your relationship, or fitness, or your self. IT’S OK. Love on yourself. Self awareness is self love and as you become aware, forgive yourself and make the change.
You got this. This quarter focus on your balance.
If you are so into your work (that’s great, keep crushing) but don’t forget to spend a weekend doing something away from it. (It’s only going to make you better, I promise)
If you can feel the tension in a relationship you’re in because you’re seeing them all the time, take some time away. Fire ALWAYS needs air. (One of the most important things I’ve learned in life)
If you have been on a non-stop self-development journey, chill. For me, I just stop reading/listening to personal development stuff. I focus on digesting what I have learned and applying it to life. Start trying a new hobby or instrument (I like cooking, DIY projects)
I hope this email helps you begin to become more aware of the balance in your life.