FIRE NEEDS AIR. 🔥💨
This is one of the most insightful and simple concepts I have learned and applied so far along my journey through life.
What does this concept mean? How can it apply to every area of your life?
I apply it to every area of my life. Being, Business, Balance, and Body.
To get a fire going, it needs air (oxygen), materials (wood, paper), and a spark. Sometimes we don’t know where the spark comes from and sometimes it comes from two sources of energy coming together.
To keep a fire going, sure it needs materials but the most important thing it needs is air.
Applying this to all areas is one of the most difficult things to do and takes great self-awareness and situational awareness. (both which you can continually get better at)
If it was easy, everyone would do this. Yet if applied, it actually makes life so much more enjoyable, beautiful, and “easy.”
So here is some questions and examples to help you meditate and think on. Then hopefully apply this concept to your own life.
What in your life do you feel like the FIRE is beginning to fade? (I’ll tell you they are probably just being drained of oxygen and need air)
Your relationship with your significant other? Or how bout a best friend?
- This is a concept that I bet can, 1) save your relationship and 2) allow your relationship to get back to thriving. How do you apply it? Take some time away. 24 hours, a weekend, or a week. Spend some time away from your day-to-day routine and life. Give the relationship some AIR.
- Are you telling yourself you can’t do it because you have kids or a job? This is exactly why you need to do this. If you don’t do this, your mental health is greatly affected which then overflows into every.single.area. of your life. Give yourself some AIR.
Your drive to continually build/grow your business or thrive at your job?
- What if I told you that by actually taking time off, stepping away, or even doing less will help you in the long run and make a quantum leap with your business or at your job. It’s called BURNOUT for a reason. The fire is about to burn out. What does it need? AIR. Step away.
The motivation to keep going to the gym and staying fit?
- Hello BURNOUT again. Ever taken a week off from the gym and come back the following Monday to have tons of energy, feel great, and CRUSH a workout? Yea, that's because you took some AIR and brought the FIRE back for that Monday workout. Allow your body to heal. Breathe. Get some AIR.
The continual pursuit of personal growth and evolution?
- Have you ever gorged so much food you felt sick? Now picture yourself still trying to eat after you gorged yourself. This is the same habit SO many individuals (including myself) have when it comes to personal development and personal evolution. We are addicted to learning (eating) and we never stop to actually digest the information (food) and allow it to flow through our life (body) in order to process it, take the nutrients from it, and apply it. While also getting rid of the stuff we don’t need nor serve us (waste). Give yourself some AIR, stop learning (eating), and digest.
All of these examples with the FIRE NEEDS AIR concept can overall point to one aspect and quality of your life, your mental health.
It’s all psychological. Your mental health should be your NUMBER ONE priority.
You take care of your internal environment (mental health) and the external world will begin to match your inside world.
Remember, FIRE NEEDS AIR. Go get some air.
I hope this helps you elevate your life today.